WHAT ARE LOUISE'S FAVOURITE FURNITURE?
Louise Hjorth is a girl from Skåne in Sweden who landed in Stockholm to work as an interior designer and project manager. In just a few years, she has also become a big influencer and named trendsetter of the year. A big part of her success is her eye for details, her luxurious interior style, and the creativity she carries. One trend that Louise ignited was the built-in bookshelf that now "everyone" wants.
LOUISE HJORTH'S INSPIRING HOME
Rowico Home's signature is to create quality furniture in Scandinavian design with a sustainability mindset and a desire to increase the love for your home. This was something that Louise liked and when she looked closer at our range, she immediately found some favourites. We then had the opportunity to deliver her furniture favourites to her in her fantastic turn-of-the-century apartment in Östermalm. A perfect match!
HOLTON CONSOLE TABLE & BOOKSHELF
Louise's signature is creating luxurious interiors with a hotel feeling. One of the rooms in her apartment that really gives you a hotel vibe is the bedroom. It's a large, spacious room with high ceilings and carefully selected textiles and decor. However, Louise wanted to make the room feel a bit cozier and more inviting. That's why she chose our HOLTON collection in oak. She first picked out the Holton console table and placed it at the foot of the bed.
- Placing this beautiful Holton console table with turned details next to the bed made our bedroom look really stylish and cozy. The fact that it also provides more storage is a big plus, says a satisfied Louise.
She also placed the Holton bookshelf on the wall opposite the bed. She further explains her interior ideas for the bedroom.
- Having the shelf's design and oak wood material repeated in two places creates a cohesive look in the room. The shelf itself also creates a more cozy and inviting feeling in the room, thanks to the shapes and wood material combined with the decor details I chose to style it with.
According to Louise Hjorth, the area under the dining table in her living room has been a bit cold. When she found our round Auckland carpet, she felt that it would create the warm, soft feeling she had been looking for.
- Now I really feel like I've found the perfect wool carpet. The natural colour and shape are perfect under our dining table. The fact that the carpet is also made of 100% wool makes it comfortable to walk on and easy to wipe clean if needen.
Louise has been searching for a floor mirror and has now chosen to bring our Milford mirror in oak into her home.
- I have been looking for a floor mirror that is easy to move around as needed but at the same time has a luxurious, sleek feel. Milford really has that. I love the Scandinavian design it is also having influences from other parts of the world.
INTERIOR TIPS FROM LOUISE HJORTH
When we met Louise, we took the opportunity to ask her for some simple interior design tips.
- I think you should keep it simple. Not everyone has the opportunity to redecorate or buy new furniture all the time, so my best tip is to always have some scented candles and fresh flowers at home. It's a simple thing but creates a mood in any room.
We were also interested in how she thinks you can create a cohesive look in your home and what trend she sees coming up.
- I think you should choose a maximum of three colors to stick to in order to create a cohesive look in your decor. From having had a lot of earthy tones in recent years, we are now moving towards daring to bring in more colour again.
LOUISE'S DREAMS FOR THE FUTURE
We love Louise's sense of interior design, and before we left her Rowico Home-styled apartment, we were curious if she sees herself staying in this apartment or if she has new interior design dreams.
- We love this apartment, but I would be lying if I said I wanted to stay here forever. The dream is to buy a larger apartment in the same area where we live now, as well as to build our own country house out in the Stockholm archipelago. We'll see when it becomes a reality, but then I look forward to being able to realize even more of my interior design dreams.
Follow Louise Hjorth on Instagram @louisehjorthdesign.
Want more inspiration, tips on how to furnish your home or to find out more about the latest products? We love interior design and our aim is to help you love your home even more. Here are some articles we think you’ll like...