FURNITURE WITH SUSTAINABILITY IN MIND
Valerie Aflalo is a creative entrepreneur who loves to have many projects going on. Right now, Valerie spends most of her time on her fashion company, her family, and fixing up and decorating her home outside Stockholm. No matter what she is up to, sustainability is an important consideration for her.
AT VALERIE AFLALO'S HOME
Valerie is passionate about sustainability, partly in her own company but also in how other companies work with their sustainability work. This opened her eyes to Rowico Home and we had the opportunity to meet her.
We at Rowico Home think about sustainability at all levels and strive to constantly develop and improve our sustainability thinking. It is something that our company and Valerie's company have in common and after a successful meeting Valerie found some Rowico Home furniture that she liked. We then had the opportunity to deliver the furniture favourites to her fantastically renovated house in Enskede in Sweden.
VALERIE'S FAVOURITES FROM ROWICO HOME
Valerie has a creative vein and over the years has gone from being a model to becoming the designer everyone is talking about, and who runs the fashion company Valerie. On her social media, we get to follow her life as a fashion designer, mother of young children, and homeowner.
- I love my job and really enjoy sharing everything I love in life. Family, travel, food, friends, my work, and of course, interior design!
Her interest in interior design has gradually developed as Valerie and her husband have renovated several different homes. Today, interior design is a big passion.
Valerie loves authentic wooden furniture and has chosen to place the HOLTON shelf next to her dining area.
- The rounded shapes fit so well next to our dining area, which also has chairs with a slightly rounded shape. It becomes a stylish storage solution in that spot, while also being an interior detail.
SULLIVAN COFFEE TABLE & AUCKLAND CARPET
Valerie explains that it has been a challenge to find the right coffee table. But with the SULLIVAN coffee table, it felt very good and with two different sizes, she created a nesting table feel.
- The grooved lines on the coffee tables and its rounded corners fit the design language in our home and together with the AUCKLAND rug, they have really created a cohesive look in our living room.
With its natural color, the carpet brought incredible calmness and warmth to Valerie's living room.
- It creates a wow feeling every time I enter the room, and the rug is so warm and comfortable to walk on.
INTERIOR TIPS FROM VALERIE AFLALO
When we visited Valerie's home, we wondered what simple interior tips she had to share.
- Choose a red thread, mix new and old but stick to one concept to create a comfortable feeling in a home. For me, it's about material and color choices. I love earthy colors with different textures, as it brings harmony to the interior. Mixing materials is also an important part of creating a home. For example, if you have a stone floor, you may need to add soft linen curtains, a wool rug, and soft furniture in wood.
Since Valerie lives with design and creating new collections, we wondered how she sees the interior trend in 2022.
- I believe that the handmade "robust" style with a high-quality feeling will continue to be desirable, from textile choices to ceramics. White and fresh will also make a comeback, mixed with wood materials. I also think that as we spend more time at home, we value our interior and traditions even more.
Is your current home your dream home, or are there more dreams to fulfill?
- Oh, we love our house, and I love our windows! They are the soul of the house. I always feel harmony here, and that's important to me. But I dream of one day building my own house near the sea. Maybe even decorating a summer house someday, that would be the dream!
Follow Valerie Aflalo on Instagram @valerie_aflalo.
Want more inspiration, tips on how to furnish your home or to find out more about the latest products? We love interior design and our aim is to help you love your home even more. Here are some articles we think you’ll like...