AN INTERIOR DESIGN INTEREST BECAME A LIFESTYLE
Behind the Instagram account @moeofsweden, we find Matilda. A completely ordinary girl who just turned 40, who has inspired her follower with her interior design interest and her journey from Stockholm to the functionalist villa in Visby.
MATILDA’S INTEREST IN INTERIOR DESIGN
Matilda started her Instagram account @moeofsweden in 2013, together with her sister.
The interest in interior design has been present in both siblings since they were young.
- My sister and I constantly rearranged, or rooms switched rooms and surprised our parents by painting and decorating their bedrooms. Sometimes it was appreciated and sometimes not so much.
Starting an interior design account felt like a natural step in their interest.
- When we started, it just felt like a fun thing to do, and it was easier to reach out and find a following. Now, I run the account alone, but I have managed to continue to inspire others. My interest has become my lifestyle, and I have consistently gained more followers through my frequent interior design tips and inspiration, combined with sharing my everyday life.
FROM APARTMENT TO HOUSE
In 2020, Matilda and her family bought a functionalist house from 1935, sight unseen!
- When we decided to leave Stockholm and buy a house, Gotland became a natural chose since my husband is from there.
How do you dare to buy a house without seeing it?
- It was 90 square meters, centrally located, and we saw enormous potential in it, so we just went for it. We have never regretted our purchase even though it has meant a lot of work.
Matilda likes modern Scandinavian style. Quite minimalist but still cozy and warm.
- The first time I became aware of Rowico Home was when a follower wrote to me about the brand. Then I quickly realized that it was a brand that really suited my taste and fits perfectly with my style. So when new needs arose in the home, the choice fell on three pieces of furniture from Rowico Home.
- I wanted a light chair for our desk corner, as a contrast to our dark wood. CARMEN chair was perfect for that. It also has round and soft shapes that soften up the room.
- I have been searching for a mirror for the bedroom for a long time and when I found Milford, it felt perfect. Of course, I was attracted to the design with the high legs and round shapes, but also the fact that it can be leaned against the wall and is easy to move around, was a big plus for me.
- We needed a console table for our kitchen and I really liked the clean, simple, and timeless design of Tolsona, while the six legs make it unique.
WHAT CREATES A LOVELY HOME ENVIRONMENT?
Matilda thinks that you should decorate with things that you like.
- There are no right or wrong, and don't forget to add personal details.
For more interior design tips and daily life, please follow Matilda on Instagram @moeofsweden
Want more inspiration, tips on how to furnish your home or to find out more about the latest products? We love interior design and our aim is to help you love your home even more. Here are some articles we think you’ll like...