PIGMENTED OILED WOODEN FURNITURE
Wood is a beautiful and very much living natural material whose appearance and size can be affected by light, temperature and humidity. Thin cracks can appear between joined wooden parts and are an entirely natural consequence of movements within the material. In order to minimise the risk of cracks and movements it is important to keep the furniture in an environment where the temperature and humidity are stable. Do not leave the furniture in direct sunlight and make sure the entirety of the wooden surface is exposed to
equal amounts of light as otherwise you will risk tonal variations on the surface. On dining tables remember to regularly take the insert or extension leaf into use so that it has a chance to mature at the same rate as the
rest of the table.
During installation it is important that the furniture is handled with care and installed on a clean and soft surface such as soft carpet. Lift the piece of furniture by its structural parts in order to prevent damage. Always
use furniture pads/floor protectors in order to protect your floor from scratches and damage.
- Oil treated surfaces must be treated with transparent oil before use and then regularly 2–3 times per year or as required. This is particularly important in the case of table tops in order to retain resilience
against scratches and stains.
- Clean with a soft, well-wrung cloth soaked in water only or in a mildly soapy solution. Always wipe down with a dry cloth afterwards.
- Temperature and humidity affect how wood expands and contracts. This means that doors, legs, drawers and extension leaves can vary in how well they fit. You should therefore adjust and retighten screws and
fittings at regular intervals.
- If the piece has sustained damage, such as a water ring or another stain, we recommend that you use a pigmented oil, which has the same shade as the table, over the entire surface of the table.
- Do not forget the extension leaves as the colour will naturally change to a certain extent.
- Always perform an initial test on a non-visible area. Follow the instructions from the care product manufacturer.
- Our furniture is intended for indoor use only.
- Always protect the furniture against sharp, cold, warm objects, strong solvents and moisture.
- Water, coffee, wine or any other kinds of liquid spillages must be wiped away immediately.
- Use mats and coasters on tables to protect the surface.
- Avoid pushing the furniture or lift it by the top panel, doors or drawers so as not to cause any damage.
- Ensure to always protect the furniture against rapid fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
- Do not place the furniture near or against a heat source.
- Take care when using coloured candles or tape on the furniture.
- Do not use strong chemicals, alcohol or abrasive cleaning detergents to clean the surface.
- Take good care to protect textiles and wallpaper when oiling.