HOW TO DECORATE YOUR HOME
Filippa Krantzé is a driven interior stylist based in Linköping. She has worked as an interior stylist since 2005 and before that she ran a successful interior design shop with handpicked interior design. Now she picks out the goodies for her interior design studio and online store. Among the favourites is Rowico Home and thus we became curious to find out more about Filippa and her thoughts on interior design.
FILIPPA KRANTZÉ'S INTEREST IN FURNITURE
Filippa's interest in interior design has existed since she was little.
- When I ran an interior design shop, I rearranged furniture several times a week just to test my ideas. It was a bit of fun when customers came in and said "This can't be the same shop as last week", says Filippa.
When the interest started to turn into a passion, Filippa decided to start home staging. As a result of all the beautiful images she created in connection with her interior design assignments at Studio Maessing, demand for the products she used started, and then the idea of her own online store, Maessing Interiör, was born.
- I want to offer inspiration, ideas, and quality interior design in one and the same place, it should be easy to find everything. That is now done through the channels I created, explains Filippa.
DECORATING TIPS FROM FILIPPA KRANTZÉ
Getting the right feeling in the home and creating a common thread is not always easy. Here, Filippa shares her best interior design tips for a pleasant and beautiful home.
CHOOSE SUSTAINABLE AND CLIMATE-FRIENDLY FURNITURE
A good tip is to invest in timeless design that can be used for many years. A carefully selected interior of good quality instead of quantity. Taking away instead of adding. But also to think that the furniture you have is made of solid materials, such as Rowico Home's Fred dining table, which is FSC-certified.
MIX MATERIALS AND TEXTURES
Mix different materials and shapes for a vivid impression. For example, you can mix soft velvet with details in different hard materials such as metal, porcelain and glass. Together with wooden tables, the room comes to life. The carpet gives a soft, pleasant impression to the living room.
CHOOSE MONOCHROME COLOURS IN DIFFERENT SHADES
Use one colour but play with the shades. It is particularly nice in large rooms such as the living room. Black and grey together with smoked glass bring harmony to the room, you choose where the greyscale should be, in the sofa, the carpet, the wall colour, or on the textiles.
CREATE A PERSONAL PICTURE WALL
Bare, empty walls can often be a reason why a home is not feeling as cozy and personal as it could be. A personal picture wall is both fun to create and can also change the entire impression of a room. If you want a more minimalist whole, you can let the colours in the art and the frames be in the same colour scale and thus tie the wall together - or you can let your creativity flow and mix colours, frames and motifs wildly, maybe even bring in a mirror.
DON'T FORGET THE PLANTS
In a cozy living room, green details should be included when decorating. Complementing a piece of furniture with a green plant can bring life to the room. Advantageously mix different types of plants, twigs and flowers for a personal style.
MORE TIPS FROM FILIPPA
- Try to find a common thread. Find a decorating style you really like and stick with it.
- If you find it difficult to achieve the style, start small. Ask yourself "What do I like about the style?"
- Make one purchase at a time and don't rush anything, look at your inspiration photos to double-check if the purchase suits your chosen style.
- Don't be afraid to contact a decorator for a push in the right direction.
Want more inspiration, tips on how to furnish your home or to find out more about the latest products? We love interior design and our aim is to help you love your home even more. Here are some articles we think you’ll like...
GUIDE: CHOOSING A DINING TABLE
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR FURNITURE
SOFAS WITH MATCHING COFFEE TABLES